Florida – Accounting/Office Manager – SMG/Frost Science Museum – Miami, FL
SAVOR… a leading provider of food and beverage services at sports, entertainment and convention facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Accounting/Office Manager at Frost Science Museum in Miami, FL.
- Assists in the development and implementation of facility goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing, and/or payroll in compliance with State and Federal law, and SMG policies and procedures
- Supervises payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and other accounting functions and personnel
- Prepares and performs or assists with event settlements
- Prepares and performs bank reconciliations
- Supervises and assists with the preparation of all financial reporting, including:
- Assists with preparation of financial statements for the Client and SMG Corporate, and other financial reports, including monthly statements, Annual Budget and Annual Report
- Directs the installation and maintenance of accounting records to show receipts and expenditures
- Maintains general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses, and insurance records
- Verifies and checks the accuracy of general ledger coding
- Directs and participates in cost analyses and rate studies
- Prepares and analyzes information for financial statements and reports
- Prepares statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues
- Directs internal audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls
- Coordinates preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting. Works with auditors in verifying financial information/procedures
- Establishes system controls for new financial systems and develops procedures to improve existing systems
- Reviews financial statements with management personnel
- Directs the installation and maintenance of new accounting, timekeeping, payroll, inventory, property, and other related procedures and controls
- Assist with account reconciliation
- Creating and maintaining a Monthly Sales Sheet to enter sales and event information to assist with monthly reports
- Generate new monthly banking sheet and update on a daily basis
- Receptionist duties to include – greet vendors and check in deliveries, answer phone
- Compose and provide routine correspondence
- Conduct research, compile and produce statistical reports
- Order and maintain supplies, and coordinate equipment maintenance
- Word process menus for Café, Concessions, Bars and Banquet Buffet Tables
- Upload final menus to SAVOR…Frost Science Museum Website
- Print menus for use in Café, Concessions and Banquet Tables
- Maintain/update Event Attendance records
- Update SAVOR…Frost Science Museum website with menus, articles, announcements, specials.
- Calculate and process tips and for each pay period.
- Calculate and process all service charges
- Check each employees’ timesheet for accuracy, investigating discrepancies and gathering missing information (missed punches, etc.)
- Enter all tips for each employee into their timesheet in eTIME
- Process payroll into ADP Enterprise (EV5)
- Proficiently works with ADP and communicates with ADP for questions, issues and resolutions to problems
- Main contact for employee payroll questions; providing timesheet and/or paycheck information for employees.
- Act as HR Designee with SMG Human Resources policies to assure compliance with legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions
- Administer various Human Resources plans and procedures for all facility personnel
- Maintain Affirmative Action Requirements including New Hire Tracking log; keeps binders with all new hire interviewee information and paperwork for each position.
- Check New Hire packet to ensure all necessary paperwork is included (2 forms of ID, application, business conduct policy, alcohol policy, self-identification form).
- Enter employee information into ADP Enterprise (EV5).
- Create an employee file (hard copy)
- Register new employees at timeclock
- Write and place advertisements for employee recruiting
- Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Organize and maintain file systems, and files correspondence and other records
- Read and route incoming mail
- Distributes information to employees regarding W-4 information; direct deposit and benefits.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- 2 -3 years related experience, or combination of education and experience
- Excellent math skills and attention to details
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal with internal and external people on all levels
- Working Knowledge of MS Excel and Solomon Accounting software
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office Products including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to use all office equipment, computer, calculator, fax machines, copy machines
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to handle multiple tasks at a time
- Good communication, problem solving, organizational skills and detail oriented
- Excellent customer service and public relations skills
- Ability to analyze information in an organized manner
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long hours; use hands to handle files, type and operate office machines; to talk and hear on the telephone. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to handle office correspondence.
Essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Please send a copy of your most recent resume and cover letter which includes salary requirements to:
SMG- Frost Science Museum
300 Conshohocken State Road, Suite 450
West Conshohocken, PA 19428
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 610-729-1074