Florida – Facilities Services Manager – SMG/Jacksonville – Jacksonville, FL
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Facilities Services Manager for SMG Jacksonville facilities. The Facility Services Manager shall be responsible for the general supervision of the Maintenance, Electrical and Engineering staff which is responsible for the operation, maintenance and repair of the maintenance, mechanical and electrical system at all SMG Jacksonville Facilities. The Manager shall assist in the responsibility for insuring the facilities remain in compliance with applicable safety and building codes at all times and shall implement programs through subordinate staff to promote efficiency of labor, conservation of utilities, compliance with budgets and quality of service. This position will be a hands-on position.
- Operational oversight and responsibility for the repair and operation of building electrical systems, repair and operation of large mechanical air conditioning, heating systems, boilers, utilities, kitchen and refrigeration equipment, pumps, exhaust fans and motors.
- Oversee work on Ice Systems at the Arena including but not limited to building and painting ice, maintaining ice plant equipment and assist with ice maintenance and Zamboni operation.
- To have knowledge of all aspects of food service equipment. Implement pm schedule and monitor operation of equipment.
- Must be able to Schedule and maintain systems utilizing computer/building automations systems.
- Hires, supervises, and trains all personnel required for the operation of all department entities and functions.
- Schedules staff, monitors hours, and prepares reports for payroll processing.
- Develop policies and procedures to monitor and conserve energy consumption (Energy Management System) and comply with utility contracts to ensure maximum savings.
- Assist in the development of a formal energy conservation plan that includes upgrades, new technology enhancements, and tighter enforcement of established energy management directives.
- Conduct frequent building inspections and note deficiencies and develop necessary action plan for remediation.
- Research and recommend equipment, tools, materials and supplies to fulfill needs of the department.
- Research and recommend training programs for key technical personnel involved in operating and maintenance of building.
- Quote/purchase as required in all areas of department.
- Review event documents for operational issues. Identify potential issues and recommend solutions.
- Monitors repair activity to minimize downtime and inconvenience to facility event activity.
- Ensures all equipment is maintained according to factory specifications and that work meets or exceeds industry standards.
- Monitor, enhance, recommend, implement and maintain programs for inspection of facilities and documentation of work orders utilizing CMMS programs (Smart Maintenance) including comprehensive preventative maintenance system for all fixed and moveable assets and facility electrical systems. Develop a routine schedule for replacing lamps throughout all facilities.
- Assist in the preparation of yearly operational and capital budget and rolling 5 year capital budget plan.
- Assist in overseeing activities of vendors, subcontractors, and city services.
- Assist in the coordination of all Maintenance and inspections by outside regulatory agencies and permit requirements.
- Monitor and administer department policy and procedure requirements and maintain sub-department rules of conduct.
- Attend weekly staff meetings as required. Develop and maintain a harmonious working relationship with all of the other departments.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent customer service skills are a must as the position requires frequent interaction with customers, vendors and visitors to the facilities.
- Work independently, exercising effective judgment and initiative.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule, and produce accurate results.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints, drawings and other related materials including AutoCAD.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Familiar with terminology and procedures of the Maintenance, Mechanical & Electrical industry.
- Ability to make mathematical calculations.
- Ability to verify conformance of electrical work to specifications.
- FLA Class E Driver’s License is required prior to appointment & must be maintained. FLA Class B Driver’s License is preferred.
- Ability to operate motor vehicles with gross vehicle weight ratings of 26,000 pounds or more such as bucket trucks.
- Familiar with computers and energy management systems (EMS), building automation systems (BAS) digital direct controls (DDC) and OSHA safety practices.
- Be proficient in basic computer skills operating in standard word, spreadsheet, email, CMMS and BAS programs.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum five (5) years supervisory role in responsible management and operational capacity in the industrial or commercial maintenance and repair of industrial or commercial facilities. Experience in the operation of a public assembly, hotel or other commercial facility is preferred.
- Formal education in Mechanical and/or Electrical or Building Construction is desired.
- CFM or FMP through IFMA is preferred
- Possess any additional licenses, certificates or training required by local, state or national authorities for the operations of the equipment found in the facility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
- Meet the physical demands of this job, which include being able to get in and around the facility (requires personal mobility), lifting, carrying, moving, climbing, working from various heights, and moderate to loud noises.
- Moderate lifting, at least 75 pounds and/or strenuous working conditions.
- Involves walking on ice, bending, stooping, climbing (inclusive of ladders), must be able to work from scaffolding, catwalks, lifts, etc. and at heights of up to 160 feet.
- Ability to use hand tools common to Electrical work.
- Ability to distinguish colors in electrical wiring. Must be free from color blindness.
- Operate equipment such as light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, and other light power driven equipment.
Working Environment/ Conditions:
- Exposed to the hazards of extreme noise, electrical shock, falls, cuts, bruises and burns.
- Required to utilize protective equipment as may be needed for the specific task.
- Respond to routine, precautionary and emergency alarms from building automation and life safety systems. Follow and adhere to all safety precautions and procedures.
Hours of work and Travel Requirements:
Must be able to work extended and/or irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with all policies and applicable laws
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Apply at: www.jaxevents.com or directly through https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?d=External&c=1152751&d
Recruiter: Kimberly Escolano
300 A. Philip Randolph Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32202
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 610-729-1074