Kansas – Director of Ticketing – SMG/INTRUST Bank Arena – Wichita, KS
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Director of Ticketing at INTRUST Bank Arena. The Director of Ticketing is responsible for the operation of Select-A-Seat Ticketing Agency on a daily and event specific basis; including day-to-day box office operation for INTRUST Bank Arena, The Orpheum, and other outside venues, by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
- Direct and oversee the internal control of daily operations as outlined in the SMG Box Office Manual.
- Oversee the internal and external control of daily operations for Select-A-Seat with INTRUST Bank Arena and outside venues.
- Coordinate event information between the promoter, facility personnel and the ticketing client representative in a timely manner.
- Build, modify, and review all ticketing event setups within Tickets.com ticketing software.
- Monitor daily ticket sales for all upcoming events and communicate information to the General Manager, Director of Marketing, and promoter representative.
- Establish files on each event that consist of seats on-hold for the building and promoter, complimentary ticket, event audits and ticket inventory schedules.
- Oversee and maintain communication with Box Office Manager and Client Ticketing Representative for updates and/or revisions in the ticketing system.
- Communicate with promoters and send requested information timely.
- Through the use of Tix Track, manage the price scaling for all events as directed by the shows and General Manager.
- Maintain security of the cash vault and accurate inventory of all tickets distributed and available for sale.
- Prepare and present the final box office statement for settlement for each event.
- Create and produce all box office sales reports. Account for ticket sales for each event and provide accounting with reconciled daily activity reports.
- Respond to customer complaints and service requests to maintain a positive rapport with the ticket buying public.
- Actively participate in weekly Director and production meetings along with quarterly staff meetings. Develop and maintain a harmonious working relationship with all of the other departments.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Create and implement a strategy for growing the Select-A-Seat brand through the addition of new clients.
- Maintain good relationships with current Select-A-Seat clients by meeting with them on a minimum of quarterly basis and providing them value-added solutions to enhance the ticket buying process.
- Review and renew contracts with current Select-A-Seat clients in advance of their expiration.
- Work with the Director of Sales and Marketing to continue and develop INTRUST Bank Arena marketing support for Select-A-Seat.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Lead and direct the full-time employees currently consisting of the Box Office Manager and Client Ticketing Representative. Oversee the part-time ticket sellers and supervisors. Responsible for the overall leadership, direction, coordination, and evaluation of the box office department and Select-A-Seat ticketing agency. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include annual strategic planning, establishing department goals, interviewing, hiring and training employees: planning, assigning, and directing work; appraisal performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Understand all aspects of box office operations. Possess a working knowledge of computer ticketing systems and the ability to update, integrate and implement procedure in response to state-of-the-art changes.
- Knowledge of Tickets.com software is preferred.
- Comprehend and use bookkeeping principles and standard accounting practices.
- Apply principles of organization, supervision, training, personnel development, staffing and scheduling.
- Recognize and solve problems rapidly and effectively while handling a large volume of tickets and cash in a fast-paced environment.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages accurately and efficiently.
- Operate computerized ticketing system and a personal computer using Windows, Microsoft Office software and event booking/scheduling software.
- Operate standard office equipment including copier and fax machine.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Minimum five (5) to seven (7) years in the public assembly industry in a ticketing/box office supervisory or management position; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Tickets.com experience preferred and/or knowledge of similar ticketing software.
This position requires sitting, stooping, finger dexterity, personal mobility for getting around the facility, and lifting up to 50 lbs. Must be able to use a computer, write, type; use phone and cell phone.
The essential responsibilities of this position may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. In addition, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
The company reserves the right to change or modify all job descriptions as needed. This description portrays in general terms the type and levels of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Please send a copy of your most recent resume and cover letter with salary requirements to:
Kim Hillard, HR Manager
INTRUST Bank Arena
500 E. Waterman
Wichita, KS 67202
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 316-440-9000.