Nebraska – Finance Manager/HRD – SMG/Baxter Arena – Omaha, NE
Position is F&B Finance Manager/ Human Resources Designee for Baxter Arena’s food and beverage operations. Operations produce about $2.3MM in annual revenue. Primary job responsibilities are to ensure all financial operational tasks are completed accurately and timely, including daily and monthly reporting and reconciliations, journal entries, customer billings and receivables, and processing of accounts payable. The Finance Manager/ Human Resources Designee assists in the development and implementation of company goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing, and/or payroll in compliance with State and Federal law, and SMG policies and procedures. New hire must have the ability to work during events as needed including nights, weekends, and holidays. The salary for this position is $50,000.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages all F&B event related accounting processes including cash and vault preparations, vault room staffing and overseeing cash room closeout
- Reconcile events and build event flash reports
- Manage accounts payable and vendor relations
- Prepares customer billings and posts F&B sales
- Post journal entries as required and maintain clean supporting backup
- Ensures proper segregation of duties exist throughout the department
- Controls inventory and FF&E valuation processes and uses Quest inventory software to ensure proper controls and efficiencies are realized.
- Prepares all close related tasks and produces a monthly financial reporting package and corporate reporting requirements
- Prepares and process payroll via ADP
- Develops a strong control environment and upholds the location’s financial policy and procedures
- Maintain tax filings and liquor license renewals
- Prepares & inputs general ledger entries
- Prepares invoices and settlement documents for events as well as performing or assisting with event settlements as needed
- Prepares and performs bank reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Prepares and performs general ledger reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Maintains worker’s compensation and building insurance records
- Follows SMG Human Resources policies to assure compliance with legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions. Maintains compliance with state regulations concerning employment
- Administers various Human Resources plans and procedures for all facility personnel
- Performs recruitment activities. Writes and places advertisements. Recruits, interviews, tests, and selects employees to fill vacant positions
- Plans and conducts new employee orientations
- Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting
- Coordinates training or trains Managers in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance management, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment. Coordinates training or trains employees in SMG Customer Service Training
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues. Advises the corporate office of EEOC complaints and other employee relations problems
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs
- Administers performance review and salary administration program
- Administers benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance
- Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in management level position in Food & Beverage
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills and Abilities
- Customer Focused: Driven to deliver best-in-class service
- Extensive knowledge of general and cost accounting practices
- Detail-oriented and strong analytical skills
- Ability to convey detailed business drivers into big picture impact when communicating to executive leadership
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have extensive knowledge of accounting software and Microsoft Office products such as Excel, and Word. Experience with Quest POS, Peachtree, and Caterease software desirable.
- This position will require the ability to interact with all levels of staff including executive management
- Requires ability to work flexible hours on occasion or during premium events
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Please send a copy of your most recent resume and cover letter, which includes salary requirements to:
John Stancato, Director of F&B
2425 South 67th Street
Omaha, NE 68106
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact: (402)554-6220