Texas- Director of Marketing and Corporate Sales – SMG/American Bank Center – Corpus Christi, Texas
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Director of Marketing & Corporate Sales (DOM) responsible to direct a wide-range of marketing campaigns for all the facilities (arena, auditorium and convention center) which are inclusive of all the concerts, and family shows taking place at the facilities. The DOM leads the sales and sponsorship program in which includes corporate sales (suites, club seats, event sponsors, etc.) in conjunction with the advertising, public relations and related tasks. DOM works directly with facility partners such as tenants, promoters, sponsors, suite holders, and advertising clients to make sure all their needs are met.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Directs the public relations image of the facility. Establishes and maintains relationships with media, industry influencers and key community and strategic partners. Acts as facility spokesperson and liaison with the general public.
- Develops and implements an advertising and publicity campaign to create local, regional and national awareness of the facility.
- Creates and supervises complete marketing plans for events, to include all available services: group sales, public relations, media planning & buying, social media, promotional development, creating partnerships, non?profit opportunities, etc.
- Operates the department with a conscious commitment to maximum exposure for the facility and its events, through the most effective and efficient means possible.
- Develops marketing materials and procedures to have the department function effectively as an in?house advertising agency. Consults with outside agencies when needed.
- Aggressively seeks new contacts and maintains working relationships with all media representatives, civic and industry organizations, corporate promotional contacts and event and booking representatives.
- Explores new avenues of revenue(s) for the facility.
- Remains current on national trends in the industry & local market changes to best serve the facility.
- Develops and maintains the facility website.
- Manages all aspects of facility sponsorships.
- Directly supervises Marketing and Public Relations staff.
- Assist General Manager with Crisis Management issues & concerns
- Acts as Director on Duty as needed for events.
- Performs other duties as assigned by General Manager.
- DOM manages the Marketing & Media Relations Manager, the Premium Seat Coordinator, the Marketing Design Coordinator and the department internship program.
- DOM is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. DOM carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from a four-year accredited college or university with major course work in Marketing, Sales, or Public Relations or related field and a minimum of 5-7 years’ industry experience in a senior management function of an Arena, Convention Center or stadium, entertainment industry, media advertising agency or sports team organization. or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in contract negotiation, business law, purchasing procedures, and supervising personnel
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and organizational ability
- Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information is required
- Detailed organization skills are essential. Should be able to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Client and customer service is the focal point of the position. Must be able to maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Skillful in all aspects of social media, including paid campaigns.
- Ability to analyze ROI with all aspects of media campaigns.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience in the principals and practices of public relation programs, advertising, marketing and sales techniques.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Basic understanding of demographics and media buying ability.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on events, including daytime, evening, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Ability to anticipate problems and implement immediate corrective action
- Effective supervisory skills. Ability to deal effectively with human resources and personnel problems; to deal constructively with conflict; to motivate, provide counsel and execute applicable solutions
- Operate a computer and proficient in MS Windows, Excel, Word, Microsoft Outlook, Photoshop and other standard office equipment.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hour as needed
- Must have professional attitude and appearance
- Some travel required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please send a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter which must include salary requirements to:
SMG/American Bank Center
1901 N. Shoreline
Corpus Christi, TX 78418