West Conshohocken, PA (February 20, 2017) – Venues Today magazine will be presenting its 2017 Generation Next Awards in May recognizing the most outstanding young professionals in the entertainment and venue industry. SMG received a record 13 nominations.
Young executives from SMG venues across the United States were nominated and include:
• Lucy Albers, Senior Marketing Manager – Denny Sanford Premier Center – Sioux Falls, SD
• John Ciolfi, Marketing Manager – Dunkin Donuts Center & Rhode Island Convention Center – Providence, RI
• Ariel Devore, Digital Media Manager – Citizens Business Bank Arena – Ontario, CA
• Evan Falat, Director of Business Development – BOK Center & Cox Business Center – Tulsa, OK
• Mark Hall, Box Office Manager – John Paul Jones Arena – Charlottesville, VA
• Josh Kesler, Sales & Marketing Manager – Eastern Kentucky Expo Center – Pikeville, KY
• Joseph Leavens, Operations Manager – Hampton Roads Convention Center – Hampton, VA
• Mitch List, Asst. General Manager – Knoxville Civic Auditorium and Coliseum – Knoxville, TN
• Lisa Niess, Marketing and Communications Manager – US Bank Stadium – Minneapolis, MN
• Stephen Poremba, Director of Marketing – Mohegan Sun Arena – Wilkes Barre, PA
• Aaron Shaber, Director of Finance – John Paul Jones Arena – Charlottesville, VA
• Zach Sloman, Booking and Sales Manager – John Paul Jones Arena – Charlottesville, VA
• Nick Waclawski, Event Operations Manager – John Paul Jones Arena – Charlottesville, VA
“We are thrilled to recognize these outstanding young professionals who contribute daily to the success of their individual venues and represent the next generation of leadership at SMG,” commented Doug Thornton, Executive Vice President, SMG.